Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the gun is to be used.
The Sheriff and his staff are required to follow strict state guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for Concealed Weapon Permits. Due to the nature of the detailed due dilligence, appointment times and processing times can take multiple weeks. During the application process, you will be asked to schedule an appointment (for New and Renewal CCW permits). Depending on the current volume of CCW requests, the earliest appointment may be 4 - 8 weeks into the future. Please note that you will be asked to pay now to reserve your appointment.
Concealed Weapon Permits can be obtained from the county sheriff of your county of residence.
- A New Concealed Weapon Permit costs $90.00, which includes the $10.00 fingerprinting fee.
- A Renewal Concealed Weapon Permit costs $75.00
- Fingerprinting and Application Notary for New CHP applications are held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9am to 4pm.
- Application Notary for Renewal CHP applications are held on Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm.
- Click the "Let's get Started" button to apply for a permit.
Gaining competency with firearms is like learning to drive a car or fly an airplane. You need expert instruction and practice. There is no shortcut. If you are not willing to invest the time and effort to become competent, then having a firearm and trying to use it can, in many instances, be more hazardous than any impending threat.
Permit to Carry Information